The National Curriculum Foundation subjects are taught in school using half termly Cross-curricular Themes (where meaningful) with topics that interest the children.
- All Topics have clear and discreet Learning Challenges
- Themes are driven by enquiry questions which learners contribute to.
- Each class follows a 'Learning Journey' linked to 'key questions'.
- Planning is around the distinctive needs of your children.
- Planning outlines a progression of key skills.
- Science and RE are taught as discrete subjects
- Creative approaches ensure learning is vibrant and motivating
- Learners enjoy taking part in Role play and 'Living History' events.
- Themes provide opportunities for Visits, Learning Outside the Classroom, Visitors into school eg Police, MPs, the animal man and other sources of research.
- Learners have opportunities with work across 'family' age groups
- Learners are given time to reflect.
Overviews of the half term topics can be found here: