Our Curriculum is Exciting!
We aim to provide the best possible learning opportunities to enable all children to achieve their full potential through a curriculum that will influence the childrens educational, physical, spiritual, moral, cultural, and social development.
English, Mathematics and Science are taught discreetly with cross-curricular links where appropriate.
Features of the Curriculum:
- Broad, balanced, engaging and relevant.
- Challenge for learners whilst having fun
- Develops skills and is matched to children's needs
- Opportunities to try out new things and develop resilience.
- Uses role play and creative approaches,
- Promotes concentration to focus on what interests children.
- Invites children to use their imagination.
- Encourages learners to collaborate together and to work independently
Synthetic Phonics using 'Letters & Sounds' is securely in place. We use a 'Guided reading' approach and also traget individual reading. All pupils haveg home reading books which are changed weekly.
Personal, Social and Health Education is firmly embedded promoting childrens' emotional development and well-being.
We effectively use our locality as a resource for study and make educational visits to enrich curriculum opportunities including residential visits.
Children in Year 3 and 4 are taught French as part of Modern Foreign Languages.
Children receive weekly Music Tuition by 'Rock It' Music and play a range of instruments including key-board and steel drums. Children from Year 1-4 are graded by the London Academy of Music.
Swimming is taught in Year 3 at Tetenhall College.
We want our children to be healthy, safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution, be prepared for their next stgae in learning and ultimately achieve economic well being in adult life.
Further information about end of year expectations for each can be found below: